This fall, we’re continuing with another Club Prep Fall 8-week session. Our goal is to continue to train younger athletes and help prepare them for middle school volleyball as well as introduce them to the benefits of training outside of school ball in a club setting.
Our Club Prep program this past spring and summer saw an incredible amount of growth in our athletes and was a huge success. We want to continue to give our younger athletes access to training and continue to grow our sport!
ABOUT CLUB PREP ACADEMY
- Once a week 90-minute training sessions (Wednesday evenings)
- Dates: Wed, October 23rd – Wed, Dec 18th
- NO PRACTICE ON 11/27 DUE TO THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY
- Time: 6:00-7:30pm
- Two separate age divisions: 8-12 and 13-14
Jacksonville Country Day School
10063 Baymeadows Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Open to Girls and Boys
- Cost: You can sign up for all 8 sessions for a discount ($200), or pay for each individual session if you’re not able to make all sessions ($30/session)
- REGISTER HERE
At Jacksonville Skyline, we employ a “Master Training” concept- including Mini Club. What that means is that all skill instruction and training is coordinated by and directly taught by a “Master” coach. Each team will have a head coach that will then oversee their own players and work with the Master coach to give the individual attention each team member needs. Our Master Trainers for Club Club are Steph and Hugh Hernesman- 20+ year college coaching veterans that are currently the Co-Head Coaches at Nease High School, while Steph is the Head Coach at Assumption Catholic School.
Why that matters: As a parent and athlete, you want to make sure that your investment is a good one. While we employ some very talented coaches, the training and experience level of the coach leading instruction is crucial to athlete development. At Jacksonville Skyline, we view the development of our athletes as the single-most important thing we do. We will ensure that the quality of instruction is well above what other options athletes have. This is why the Hernesman’s- who have learned from some of the best coaches in the country (Dave Boos- Associate Head Coach Florida Gators; Erikka Gulbranson- USA Volleyball High Performance; Kris Russell- UWW Hall of Fame) insist on having a hand in the development of all of our athletes and being able to personally coach each player as they progress through the club.
Club Prep is for all athletes, whether they:
- Are just starting to play volleyball
- Haven’t started middle school volleyball yet
- Did not make their competitive middle school team
- Wish to train in addition to a limited middle school program