Jacksonville Skyline is partners with Dallas Skyline– one of the most influential and successful juniors volleyball clubs in the country. Skyline has consistently been a Top 5 club in the country for the past decade and was most recently ranked 3rd in the nation over a 5-year period and is the only club in the nation to qualify teams in the highest division of USA Volleyball Championships in every age group from 2009-2016!
Jacksonville Skyline Co-Directors, Hugh and Stephanie Hernesman, have had a strong relationship with the Dallas Skyline owners (Jon and Jodie Rye) since their time working together in the USA Volleyball High Performance Program in 2004. Since then, Skyline has successfully expanded to both Houston, TX and Austin, TX with similar national success.
What makes the Skyline
model so successful?
1) FAMILY ATMOSPHERE AND CULTURE
– Skyline culture attracts “Skyline people”. Skyline believes that its players’ volleyball experience with Skyline can not only be productive on the court, but also something that both the players and their families enjoy together. Becoming a great player, great team and great club takes a lot of sacrifice from everyone and a lot of time spent together. Skyline strongly believes that the time spent together needs to be one of a positive nature and one that cares for its families.
2) PROVEN ORGANIZATIONAL MODEL
– In almost 20 years of existence, Skyline has streamlined its organizational model. From travel and practice scheduling and team communication, there will never be a shortage of effective and timely communication. Skyline has created its own iSkyline program that is cutting edge and exclusive to Skyline programs.
3) ELITE LEVEL TRAINING FOR ATHLETES OF ALL LEVELS
– Jacksonville Skyline Directors, Hugh and Stephanie Hernesman, have a combined 40 years of college coaching experience- in addition to over a decade of experience coaching youth club, high school and USA Volleyball High Performance. Hugh and Steph have trained with and under some of the most talented coaches in the country and have been made a reputation of developing athletes that other colleges passed on while building championship programs.
4) COACH MENTORING/DEVELOPMENT
– Jacksonville Skyline will draw upon its vast experience- as well as the coaching resources available through the other Skyline clubs- to ensure that our coaches continue to develop into great leaders and trainers of the players under their guidance. There will be a strong influence from the Technical Director and a clear training style for the entire club and continual clinical training for the Jacksonville Skyline coaches.
5) NUMBER OF TEAMS DO NOT EXCEED THE NUMBER OF CAPABLE COACHES
– Our pledge is to have a manageable number of teams so that we never exceed our number of quality coaches we will provide. Jacksonville Skyline is a strong believer in quality over quantity and will ensure that each player has access to coaching talent that will raise their level of play to their full potential.
6) CONNECTED RECRUITING THROUGHOUT COLLEGE VOLLEYBALL
– The Skyline name and brand is one that is INSTANTLY recognizable for college volleyball coaches across the country. Skyline clubs have sent over 200 players on to the next level over the years. With extensive college experience of the Jacksonville Skyline Directors, our athletes will have a Recruiting Coordinator that has countless relationships with colleges coaches across all levels and regions. Additionally, Jacksonville Skyline athletes will have a unique and exclusive access to coaches that have been college recruiters and understand how the process works and how to find the best fit possible for each player.
- 2013 & 2014 National Champions
- National Champions of USA Volleyball 16 USA Nationals
- Runner Up of USA Volleyball Girls National Championships for Skyline 11 Royal
- The only club in the NATION to qualify teams in the highest division of USA Championships in every age group the past 6 years – 2009-2015 (2016 stats coming)
- Skyline Qualified 18 teams for USA Volleyball Championships in 2015, more than any other club in the nation (12 in Dallas, 6 in Houston)
- Three (3) Skyline Teams Medaled at Nationals in 2015
- Seven (7) Skyline teams Finished Top 15 in the Nation in 2015
- 222 Skyline athletes have committed on to play volleyball at the collegiate level
- Five Skyline former athletes represented USA on National Teams
- Skyline won 22 Tournaments in 2015
- Skyline Teams played in the Finals 42 times
- 76 Top 5 finishes at tournaments
- Six (6) different Skyline Teams Won Qualifiers in 2015